Learn The Tricks To Keyword Ranking!
Your website’s keyword ranking can make or break your business. Keep reading to learn some helpful tips for improving your keyword ranking for search engines, including Google, and how EmoryDay can help improve your ranking even more with the right keywords.
The Importance Of Website Ranking
Keyword ranking is vital for your business. According to Wordstream, “Research shows that more than half of all search engine users click on a result on the first page.” And according to marketing expert, Neil Patel, “The first page of Google receives 95% of web traffic, with subsequent pages receiving 5% or less of total traffic.” In fact, “75% of people won’t even click on the second page of the search results.”
So, the higher your website ranks on a search engine’s results page, the more traffic you will get to your site. And, as you know, the more traffic you get to your site, the better your chances are of converting leads into customers.
How To Find Your Current Website Ranking
Before you begin the process of improving your website’s keyword ranking, you should first determine where you currently stand by checking your current rank. SERPs.com is a great tool for doing this. It allows you to plug in a specific keyword you are using on your site along with your site’s web address.
The Importance Of Familizating Yourself With Google’s Algorithm
Another thing you will want to do before working on improving your site’s ranking is to familiarize yourself with Google’s algorithm since it is constantly changing. The popular search engine makes anywhere from 500 to 600 changes in a given year. So, if you don’t want to get penalized, which will result in a lower ranking, stay on top of any changes that occur. A great way to do this is to check out Moz’s Google Algorithm Change History. They list any updates and organize them chronologically.
Tips For Improving Keyword Ranking
Without further delay, here are some tried and true tips and tricks for improving your keyword ranking on all search engines, not just Google.
- Make sure your site speed is up to par. When it comes to trying to improve your website ranking, one of the first things you want to do is make sure your site speed is fast enough. A slow website can impact your ranking because Google can actually recognize if your website speed is too slow and will penalize you accordingly. Luckily, Google has a speed test, called Google PageSpeed Insights you can use to see how fast your site is running. You can also try Pingdom, which lets you check your website speed from different locations around the world. If your score is 50 or below, your site is way too slow and could be hurting your ranking.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Another thing you need to do is make sure your site is mobile-friendly. An estimated 60% of searches are conducted via mobile device. So, if your site isn’t optimized for all mobile devices, including tablets, you could be missing out on potential customers. Plus, not having a mobile-friendly site can “affect your ranking.” Google offers a simple test that can assess whether or not your site is mobile-friendly.
- Use the right keywords. It’s important to do some keyword research to find out what words people are searching for in order to find the products and services your business offers. Google’s Keyword Planner is a great way to do this. Another option is to hire a third party marketing agency, like EmoryDay, to conduct keyword research for you to ensure that you leverage the right keywords and use them strategically.
- Use SEO wisely. And, speaking of strategic use of your keywords, once you determine the right ones, it’s time to employ a little SEO. Search engine optimization, or SEO, improves your ranking as it involves the incorporation of your chosen keywords into your website’s content. But, not all SEO is created equal. One thing to keep in mind is to avoid overusing your keywords as that can do more harm to your ranking than good. To learn more about SEO, check out our How Does SEO Benefit Your Business? blog post.
- Make sure all of the links on your site are working. Broken links can harm your site ranking, so make sure they are all in working order. Dead Link Checker is a great tool because it allows you to double check any links on your site as well as sign up for continuous link monitoring.
- Add a blog to your site and update it regularly. Not only does posting regular blogs with relevant content help your company to engage with site visitors, but it also positively impacts your search engine ranking.
- Consider adding some multimedia to your site. Posting multimedia sources, like videos or audio clips, on your site improves the time users actually spend on your site. Search engines, like Google, take this into consideration when it comes to ranking. So, the more time people spend on your site, the better your keyword ranking will be.
- Use outbound links. Google and the other search engines love it when a site uses outbound links, and thus, it can positively impact your ranking. The catch is though, the links must be from credible sources. So, make sure any sites you link to on your company’s website are reliable and not spammy.
- Add your company’s contact information. Every business website should have the company’s contact information listed. This includes your company’s phone number, email address, and physical location. Not having your contact information prominently displayed on your business’ website can harm your ranking, especially if site visitors report your site to the search engines for not doing so.
How EmoryDay Can Help
Get your website ranking with the right keywords in no time with EmoryDay! Our team of marketing experts can determine the best keywords for your company’s site as well as make sure your site is in tip-top shape, so your ranking will skyrocket.
Get Started with EmoryDay
- Create a Free Account (no cc required)
- FREE Custom Marketing Plan (no obligation)
- Select only the services you want.
- Create a Free Account
(no cc required)
- FREE Custom Marketing Plan
- Select only the services you want.