Marketing 101: Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing is a type of digital marketing that many companies are starting to leverage. And, due to more and more people being on their mobile devices for longer periods of time, mobile marketing is a great opportunity to improve your business’s bottom line.
What is Mobile Marketing?
We covered this briefly in our Marketing 101: An Introduction To The Different Types Of Marketing post. But, just to recap, Investopedia defines mobile marketing as “any advertising activity that promotes products and services via mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones.”
Types of Mobile Marketing
There are a few different types of mobile marketing. According to Yellow Head they include:
- Mobile search ads
- In-app ads
- SMS advertising
- Social media advertising
Mobile Marketing Statistics
Mobile marketing is becoming quite popular in the marketing world. The fact that most of us spend at least 3 hours and 15 minutes a day on our phones is definitely the reason why.
Click Send, AdWeek, and Wix compiled some great mobile marketing statistics that prove it’s definitely an effective marketing strategy:
1. About 50% of consumers think promotional coupons are the most effective SMS messages they get.
2. Coupons delivered via SMS are redeemed 10x more than coupons delivered through other marketing channels, like email.
3. A whopping 78% of mobile users read SMS messages from businesses they have subscribed with.
4. According to AdWeek, 46% of respondents reported that they actually prefer making purchases via their mobile devices.
5. AdWeek also found that ⅓ of all purchases in 2018 were made on phones and other mobile devices.
6. According to Wix, SMS marketing tests have a 98% open rate.
Ideas for Mobile Marketing
So, what are the different types of mobile marketing messages you can send? Here is a list to get you started:
- New product notifications
- Special offers
- Invitations to any events your company does
- Customer feedback, like polls and surveys
Tips for Successful Mobile Marketing
1. Let your customers opt in. If you start sending mobile marketing messages to people that aren’t familiar with your company, you run the risk of them thinking you’re spamming them.
2. Make sure your website is mobile friendly. This also includes any landing pages you create.
3. Localize your business if possible. If your business serves a specific location, make sure your mobile website and ads are localized.
4. Create an app so your customers can easily access your website via their mobile devices.
EmoryDay Can Help With Your Mobile Marketing Strategy
We are a full-service digital marketing agency, so we are well-versed in all types of digital marketing, including mobile marketing.
Get in touch with us to set up your 30-day free trial. And, if you have any questions about our digital marketing services, fill out our contact form or give us a call at (866) 407-2075. We are happy to answer any questions you have!