Marketing automation platforms can really push your business to the next level by saving time and increasing both lead generation and overall sales. However, not all marketing automation platforms are created equal. So, the short answer is no, all marketing platforms are not the same. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of using a marketing automation platform; some of the popular platforms other businesses are using; what to consider when selecting a marketing platform for your business; and how EmoryDay can help take the confusion out of marketing platforms for your business.
How Marketing Automation Platforms Can Push Your Business To The Next Level
There are multiple benefits of using a marketing automation platform. Here are the four benefits we feel are most important for marketers.
1. They save your marketing team both time and money.
One of the many benefits of using a marketing platform is the fact that it can save your marketing team so much time by automating many of the most time-consuming marketing tasks, like posting social media posts and personalizing, scheduling, and sending your marketing emails. In fact, Marketing & Growth Hacking estimates that a business can save up to 6 hours a week by using a marketing automation tool to automate social media posts. And, we all know that time is money, so by saving your marketing team time on easy tasks, your company will also be saving on expenses.
2. They can increase your leads and overall sales.
According to growth hacking influencer and start-up coach, Ehsan Jahandarpour, a whopping 78% of marketers accredit their respective marketing automation platforms to increased sales. And, 75% of brands have indicated that they have seen ROI in less than a year.
3. They provide much-needed insight into important marketing analytics.
Marketing & Growth Hacker considers marketing automation “the holy grail of marketing analytics.” These systems provide lots of important information and data, including customer behavior, marketing email open and click rates, site visits, conversions, overall campaign performance, etc. And, the best part of all is that you can get your hands on this data in real time, so you always know how your campaigns are performing.
4. They can personalize your different marketing channels.
When it comes to marketing, a one-size-fits-all approach does not work. The beauty of marketing automation platforms is that they allow you to personalize and target your content, including emails, web pages, ads, and social media posts for different audiences. This is great for lead generation as well as current customer engagement.
What Are The Different Marketing Automation Platforms Available?
There are several different marketing automation platforms currently on the market. Here are some of the popular ones we think are worth mentioning:
- iContact Pro
While all of these platforms have the same goal of increasing efficiency and, ultimately, increasing your sales, they can differ in their functionality and capabilities.
What To Look For In A Marketing Automation Platform
In the end, the best marketing automation platform for your business will be one that will achieve your marketing goals and satisfy the needs of your company.
Here are nine things you should consider when shopping around for a marketing automation platform for your business:
- Whether or not you want a platform that allows for AB testing – AB testing is a great way to see how marketing content, like emails, performs and adjust the content as needed.
- The sizes of your leads and customer databases – Some platforms have more contact database capacity than others. If you have hundreds of thousands of customers and leads, you will want a platform that can handle that high of a quantity.
- The amount of initial training and/or technical support you think your business might need – Not all marketing platforms offer the same level of training and technical support. If future product support is something you think your employees might need, look for a platform that offers a high level of that.
- Whether or not the platform can be integrated with your existing CRM – This is very important to consider. If a platform doesn’t integrate with your CRM, move on and find one that does.
- Social media needs – If your business leverages social media, you’ll want a platform that includes automation of your chosen social media channels.
- Whether or not you care about ease of use – Some marketing platforms are more user-friendly than others. Look for one your marketing team will be comfortable using.
- The number of users that will need access to the platform – Marketing platforms vary on the number of users they allow, and some may even charge you per user.
- Reporting capabilities – Marketing platforms can vary on the different marketing analytics they provide. Find one that has the reporting features you need.
- Cost and your budget – Marketing automation platform prices can vary greatly based on their capabilities and services.
Let EmoryDay Take The Confusion Out Of Marketing Platforms
Our team of marketing experts are marketing automation pros. Whether you are looking to start using a marketing automation platform to enhance your marketing efforts or you are already using one and need some assistance using it to its full potential, we can help. Contact EmoryDay to get started with your marketing platform today!