Kick Off The New Year With A Newsletter!
A company email newsletter can be a huge asset for your business because it not only keeps you in touch with current customers, but it can also help you acquire new business. Learn why having a company e-newsletter is so important; the different kinds of content you should put in your e-newsletter; tips for getting people to actually read your company email newsletter; and how EmoryDay can help your organization build a successful newsletter that your subscribers will look forward to receiving.
Why Create A Company Newsletter In The First Place
Company newsletters are a cost-effective way to stay in touch with your customers, reach out to your prospects, and even gain new leads. Here are five fantastic reasons reasons why company email newsletters are an effective marketing strategy that you should be leveraging:
1. They can help cultivate a trusted relationship with your customers.
According to Business Know-How, “a newsletter is a fantastic way to keep the relationship going with customers, and be seen as an ongoing resource.” Plus, company e-newsletters allow you to not only nurture the relationship between your business and your customers, but they also help keep your brand in front of them as well. They are also quite helpful for keeping in contact with dormant customers.
2. People actually like getting company newsletters.
Most people genuinely like reading company email newsletters. According to the research firm, Nielsen Norman Group, when asked how respondents preferred to receive company updates, a whopping 90% cited newsletters.
3. Company e-newsletters can eventually lead to new prospects.
Current customers and subscribers who like your email newsletter content and find it informative will most likely share it with others, which can eventually attract new leads.
4. They provide the opportunity to cross-sell.
Company newsletters are a great way to reach out to existing customers to inform them about your other products and services you think they might be interested in purchasing.
5. Newsletters are a great way to market without actually marketing.
Because company email newsletters keep your brand in front of your current and potential customers, they are actually marketing for your company behind the scenes. In fact, according to the Direct Marketing Association’s 2015 National Client Email Report: “Regular newsletters are classed as the most effective way of delivering email content to achieve campaign objectives.”
What To Put In Your Email Newsletter
So, now that you know how important company newsletters are and how they can easily ramp up your marketing efforts, let’s talk about what kind of content you should put in your company newsletter. The good news is that when it comes to what to feature in your email newsletter, the sky’s really the limit! There are so many different kinds of content you can include. Here are some content ideas we think are great:
- Helpful Tips – Tips, tricks, hacks, and how-to articles are very popular these days. People love learning valuable tips they can use in the real world.
- Interesting Facts – Who doesn’t love learning fun facts they can impress their friends with? People also really like list-based articles, like top 10 lists, because they are informative and easy to read.
- Company Updates – Keep your subscribers informed about what’s going on at your company. Did your employees just partake in a 5k for charity? Or, did you bring on a great new hire? Let your readers know about it!
- Industry News – Use your e-newsletter to keep your customers abreast about what’s going on in the industry.
- Upcoming Promotions – If you are going to have a sale soon or will be honoring a special promo code, let your subscribers know about it ahead of time in your monthly newsletter.
- Contests/Giveaways – Many companies use social media as a means to run contests and giveaways, but that doesn’t mean you can’t promote them in your newsletter, too.
- New Products/Services – A new product launch is a great time to use your newsletter to cross-sell.
- Company Events – Will you be at an upcoming trade show or industry event? Share it in your company newsletter.
- Product Care/Use Tips – This is a great way to personalize your newsletter and tailor it to specific customers based on past products they have purchased.
Tips For Creating An Email Newsletter Your Subscribers Will Love
Now that you have some ideas about what you can put in your newsletter, let’s think about how to make sure it’s successful and will help your business achieve its marketing goals.
1. Make it easy to share.
It isn’t enough to create content that your readers will want to share with their friends. You need to make your e-newsletter easy to share. Make sure you include your social media channels on it. You can also publish your newsletter on your company website in addition to emailing it to subscribers. That way, readers can share the live link. Plus, you never know who might stumble across it while searching the web. You could end up getting new customers!
2. Don’t be afraid to show your company’s softer side.
Business Know How suggests including content that will get people to form a more personal connection with your business or organization.
3. Don’t be afraid to have a sense of humor.
Humor is a great way to connect with people, so don’t be afraid to have some fun with your company newsletter.
4. Establish a consistent delivery schedule.
Whether you plan to do a quarterly, monthly, or weekly newsletter, make sure you are consistent.
5. Make sure your email newsletter is mobile friendly.
With a whopping 70% of people opening emails on their mobile devices, any e-newsletter you create should be mobile responsive.
How EmoryDay Can Help You With Your Company Newsletter
Whether you are hoping to start a company newsletter and don’t know where to begin or already have one and just need some tips to make it a bit better, EmoryDay can help.
Get Started with EmoryDay
- Create a Free Account (no cc required)
- FREE Custom Marketing Plan (no obligation)
- Select only the services you want.
- Create a Free Account
(no cc required)
- FREE Custom Marketing Plan
- Select only the services you want.