A strategic marketing plan is critical to the success of your business. Whether your company is large, medium-sized, or even small, you need a comprehensive strategic marketing plan to ensure your marketing efforts are successful. Keep reading to learn why it’s so important, the key components of a successful strategic marketing plan, and how EmoryDay can help.
What Is A Strategic Marketing Plan?
A strategic marketing plan is a written plan of marketing tactics that are customized to your business and designed to help it grow by increasing your leads, which will eventually increase your sales revenue. A strategic marketing plan is created by performing an in-depth analysis of not only your company, but of your main competitors as well. A successful strategic marketing plan also includes a step-by-step guide for plan implementation and methods for measuring the success of your marketing efforts.
How Can A Strategic Marketing Plan Benefit Your Business?
There are five key ways a strategic marketing plan will benefit your business:
- It fosters an environment where all company stakeholders, including marketing, sales, and your executive team, actually work together to achieve the company’s goals.
- Speaking of goals, a marketing plan helps your business define realistic marketing goals as well as develop strategies for reaching these goals and a means for measuring their success.
- A marketing plan also helps you and your marketing team to define and truly understand your market.
- It allows your company to come up with brand standards and sets guidelines for delivering a unified brand to the marketplace.
- It helps your business to determine where it’s headed in the future.
Elements Of A Successful Strategic Marketing Plan
While every company is different, there are some essential components every strategic marketing plan should have:
- An in-depth analysis of your company
- An in-depth analysis of your top competitors
- New marketing initiatives
- An implementation plan for these new marketing initiatives
- Means of measuring the success of your new marketing initiatives.
An In-Depth Company Analysis
The goal of any in-depth analysis of your business should be to analyze your current marketing efforts in order to determine what’s working and more importantly, what’s not working. When doing this, you’ll want to take a look at:
- Your market positioning and how consumers perceive your company
- Your current marketing messages (website, email campaigns, etc) and how they are performing
- Your company’s target audience and whether or not you are actually reaching this audience in your current marketing efforts
- Your current lead generation strategies and whether or not they are actually generating leads
- How effective your website is and if your SEO is up to par
- Where your company currently ranks in the different search engines’ (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc) results pages
- How influential your social media channels are and whether or not you are engaging your audience.
Analyzing Your Competitors
When it comes to your competition, you always want to be one step ahead. This is why an essential part of any strategic marketing plan should include conducting a thorough analysis of your top competitors to find out:
- Their marketing strengths and weaknesses
- How they are winning customers
- Areas they could improve upon
- How to exploit their weaknesses
- How to out market them and win over their customers
New Marketing Initiatives
Coming up with new marketing initiatives that are based on your marketing goals and geared towards producing results can be a fun and creative time! Some popular marketing initiatives include:
- Conducting keyword research
- Optimizing your website for SEO using targeted keywords
- Crafting new email campaigns
- Finding higher-quality leads
- Publishing blog posts and articles
- Social media marketing
Measuring The Success Of Your New Marketing Initiatives
Your strategic marketing plan should outline the different metrics your company will use to measure the success of your new marketing initiatives.
Some of the different things you can assess include:
- Direct traffic
- Form submissions
- Social followers
- Email open rates
- Email click-through rates
The EmoryDay Strategic Marketing Plan
The EmoryDay team knows that every business is unique and that marketing is not a one-size-fits-all solution. When you partner with us, we will develop a custom marketing plan for your company that will get results.
What The EmoryDay Strategic Marketing Plan Includes
Our strategic marketing plans are typically 35 to 45 pages long and include the following seven components we feel are vital to your businesses success:
- An Analysis Of Your Company
- An Analysis Of Your Top Three Competitors
- Suggested Marketing Initiatives
- An Implementation Plan
- Budget Recommendations
- Return on Investment (ROI) Calculations
- Forecasted Results with Break Even Analysis
At the end of the day, in order to get real results from your marketing efforts, you need to implement an effective strategy. Our talented marketing experts are strategic in everything they do! We will use our specialized team-based approach to create a fully integrated, results driven, digital marketing strategy for your business that will get results. Let EmoryDay Build your Custom Strategic Marketing Plan Today!